Monday, November 26, 2007

Marriage Season

So, the marriage season has arrived & we have started doing the rounds. We started on Saturday with a geet ceremony in Rajni Chachi's house. Sunday was Anand Uncle's daughter's wedding near Haldiram,VIP. Today again its Rajni Chachi's bhatija's wedding. Then we have to go on 1st & 3rd Dec to Devanand's brother's tilak & wedding & then on 5th, the big occassion- Amit's tilak in which I am performing!!
Its good fun doing the marriage rounds. At least I get to use my heavy sarees which are locked up for the whole year. I don't think I get to wear any saree more than a couple of times a year. But its difficult to then dry-clean (I iunvariably end up with stains on my saree) & pack them back.....whew!I am glad that Ansh usually has a good time in marriages. He is so happy with little things like collecting flower sticks, small plastic fruit forks etc. He likes to eat the grapes in the fruit stalls & the pasta without any masala. Yesterday he chose his own veggies to put in his pasta at the wedding. the whole while he held a big palm leaf in his hand.Ansh is however very naughty in the car. He cannot sit still for a moment & ends up being scolded all the way home. Of couse all the scolding falls on deaf ears!!
'

No comments: