Over what you ask?
Over television of course!!
Yesterday I return home tired & exhausted from a gruelling commute in the Kolkata Metro. With my car perpetually in the garage & non-availability of taxis outside my office, I have started dreading the commute back home in the Metro, which before the recent extension was one of the easiest & most comfortable mode of transport for me.
Anyway, so I return home & hubby announces that he would not hear anything about shutting off the TV coz India is in the finals of the Compaq Cup & very much on the verge of winning. All this while, I did not say a word. After about 10 minutes, Ansh comes hopping into the room & just like his father announces "Ab mera channel chalao". Hubby is adamant. After all India is winning. So, he blankly refuses to change channels.This has my baby, who by the way does not cry when he gets an injection, crying like who else but a baby. This of course gets me mad & I try to reason with one & then the other, but both refuse to relent. At last the father cannot bear the tears anymore & reluctantly hands over the remote to the baby. Great, at least I can make him have his milk in peace while he watches Doremon. Then comes a break & hubby is at it again. He wants to see the score & Ansh refuses to see the logic coz ads are also important.So there is another round of crying which leads to me scolding hubby coz I am trying to get Ansh to finish his milk before putting him to bed & leads to hubby sulking that I only see fault in him & not my son!!
Phew.........it's difficult handling 2 babies here & I am on my way to getting a third!!
6 years ago

12 comments:
Ha ha ha! Ads r so important na Ansh :P
2 babies Sigh!
@Swaram- Oh yes Swaram, all his demands are abt stuff that he sees in ads...not a good thing, I say.
Hmm Monu .. this is where they get their customers na! Those colorful ads to attract the kids :(
@Swaram- Oh yes Swaram. I am glad that TV does not happen too often at my place. The little thst happens is harmful enough!
Gee! I have given up all hopes of ever getting to watch TV at my place! Wonder what we'l do when we have a child!
But hahaha. Though one relief is that another few years later Ansh will join his papa to watch cricket, football and the reruns too !
man they start young, dont they?! :p
cheers!
Hahaha! This is so sweet!
And yes, ads are terribly important for my EO and YO as well :)
ROFL
so cute
but ads are important I agree infact that are the only things imp for me and Ojas atleast right now
hahahaa this is the scene in our house too!!Almost always!!:D
fighting for the channel..I have even forgotten,what I LIKEd to watch!
And for Aadya..Ads are the end of the world..she starts crying as soon as the ads come on...like someone took away her fav toy!
Hahahaha!!! Thats so sweet..dont worry the third baby will come and play the peacemaker soon :) You can leave it to the three of them to sort out after that, while you grin back and enjoy ;)
Men and their love for TV. When the 3rd one is there, i am sure he/she will win hands down, the others will obviously have to take a back seat!!
@Meira-Seriously Meira & even when I do get the chnace, I can hardly decide what to wtach coz I am so out of touch.
@Mama-Mia- Oh yes. It's in their DNA.
@M4- & do they also come up with demands based on teh ads?
@Monika- For u? how come?
@Trish-Wait for Aadya to grow up a little & she'll also be after ads.
@R's Mom- Awww.......I hope so.
@Iya-Lol........I hope he/she takes mom's side.
Post a Comment