Friday, September 11, 2009

A Slice of Tuscany

We had discovered this quaint little Italian restaurant called "Casa Toscana"tucked away an old dilapidated bungalow in one of the busiest streets of Kolkata a couple of months back. We visited it with a lot of apprehension, not knowing what to expect. But when we did enter the place, we were completely blown away.
The place had such a rustic, old world charm. The white washed walls & high ceilings reminded me of the village. There is a magnificent light made up of inverted blue wine glasses which is awesome. This Saturday, on our second visit, I discovered the lovely washroom sink. The sink is made from at old "kadhai".

The food was great the first time around. The pizzas are thin crust from the wood fire ovens & the risottos are mouth watering. This time,on Ansh's insistence we tried the fried mushrooms with dip which were a little disappointing. But on the whole, it was a great meal again. You can make out from the smiles on our faces. Even MIL enjoyed the food.She is usually wary about trying anything new.


Hey we were in uniform- Grey. But it was purely coincidental.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

D said...

I love how you're always trying new places and looking for undiscovered eateries. That's so me :)

Monika said...

@D- It's not as often as I'll like it to be.

Mama - Mia said...

:)

isnt it awesome to find an unexpectedly good place!!

and yes you guys look totally happy!

Monika said...

@Mama-Mia- That's Ansh's false smile......like Cubby , isn't it?

Swaram said...

Yum! I so want to hv a pizza tonite ;)

All in Grey! Looks gud :)

Monika said...

@Swaram- Do that! Have a pizza. :)

Uma said...

The Kadhai sink is a cool idea! I like places with an old world charm... false or not, the smile is really cute :)

Monika said...

i love the sink idea and i love Italian food

Monika said...

@Uma- Yes, that Kadhai Sink was an inspiration. Loved it!

@Monika-:)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Italian food is my favouritest!! I love La Cucina in Hyatt, Fire & Ice and even Fusion Foods, but believe it or not I still haven't been to Casa Toscana!

I must rectify that immediately!

Monika said...

@M4- Go fo it. It's Saturday :)

Meira said...

Gosh! You all seem to be foodies like us. Come over to Gurgaon and we'l go experiment some more :)

Monika said...

@Meira- Yeah...sure. I missed it this time. :(

Trishna said...

wowww you guys look great..and you are glowing..Its a girl!!!