Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Typical Menu for Ansh

Ansh leaves early for school. He gets up by 7:15 & is off to school by 8. So the mornings are very rushed between breakfast, bath & getting dressed.
His breakfast:
A glass of milk(most days) or A glass of juice(some days when he really insists)
A steamed rice & pulses cake called IDLI or a few morsels of rice or a sandwich.

I do not force him to eat much in the mornings.

The biggest concern is the tiffin that I pack for Ansh which he usually does not eat much of at all.

I pack lots of things for him & Ansh is the one who decides the menu the night before.

So his typical tiffin box contains at least 3 choices:
-IDLI or Chappati or Rice or Pasta
-A serving of fresh fruits & a few pieces of veggie(carrot,cucumber)
-Chips, sandwich etc

In fact sometimes, the tiffin comes back absolutely untouched. I talked to the teacher about this & she says that Ansh insists that he is "FULL" & not hungry.
:
Ansh returns from school at 1:30 & has a good lunch. He usually has Rice with yogurt & some veggies.

In the evening he has either a glass of milk with a banana or a cup of tomato soup.

For dinner , he usually likes to have either rice again or pasta.

Rice is usually sauteed in butter to pack in some extra calories & if I make pasta i grate some cheese with it & also add some tomatoes

In between meals, he snacks on chips, biscuits , popcorn , corns, eggs etc.

No comments: