Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ready for Diwali :)

- The cleaning is mostly done. It took a good 10 days . This included washing the curtains, washing the tiles, s crubbing the floors, cleaning out the cupboards. I am so impressed with myself. The only thing that I did not dare to touch were Ansh's toys. Had hubby been a little more helpful, I would have had the courage to do even that.

- Yesterday we put up the Bandanwars & lights at night . So much fun

- The cracker bursting has started in full swing. We do it almost every night. No noisy crackers though. Just fuljharis, anars & chakris. Ansh is over the moon.

-I've bought a whole lot of new stuff to decorate the house thsi Diwali. Candle stands, lanterns, a new bed cover, show pieces etc. I am so looking forward to putting it all up on Diwali.

-I also got myself a rock. Oh yes, it's slightly less than a carat but I had been lusting after a solitaire for ages. So I took the plunge. It's my Dhanteras & Diwali gift to myself :)

-To top all of the above, I've been upto my neck in office work. That explains my absence from the blog for a while. I've a long office tour coming up next week for 10 days to Pune & UK. Yes, it'll be my first trip outside Asia & I am so excited. Not that I'll get any time off to look around. But I'll try to make the most of whatever hours I can snatch away after work. This trip means hardwork- I've been up several nights working on reports & stuff. Phew......seems like college exam days all over again.

- Ansh is doing well & so is the baby. I am feeling good & energetic *touch wood*

Wishing all a very happy Dhanteras today. Diwali is one festival which really perks me up. Wishing it has the same effect on all of you. :)

9 comments:

Sandhya said...

Wow...great job Monika. Wish you a very Happy Diwali in advance. Look forward to your posts on photos after the celebrations.

Swaram said...

This post hs such a happy festive feel to it :) Hugs dear :)

I so want to see the pics of all ur decorations :) Waiting for the post :)

Gr8 to know abt the upcoming trip and its awesome that u r feeling energetic! Yay! All that cleaning and stuff with so much work - U rock girl :)

Happy happy Diwali Monu to ur entire family! The next one wil see the Junior also na :) Njoy ur time :)

Monika said...

@Sandhya-Sure Sandhya. I'll love to share my decor this time :)

@Swaram-Aww.....your comments are always dripping sweet. I'll have loads to post after Diwali. Just hope I get the time :)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Happy Diwali to you my dear! May your life always be full of love and light!

Monika said...

@M4- Thank you so much M4 :)

Kausik said...

You write very well.Why don't u write something ona specific content?

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Wow, congrats, Monika! Enjoy your trip. Glad to hear that now you are a rockin' gal!

Monika said...

hope u had a great diwali dear... i know the feeling the cleaning takes so much time but u feel so good post it isnt it

Monika said...

@Kaushik- I will surely think about it. Thanks for your appreciation & keep visiting :)

@Swapna- Lol....sure a rocking gal :)

@Monika- So right. In fact we took the cleaning up post Diwali too - i.e yesterday