Saturday, July 4, 2009

Of wedding, weekend & love

The last 2 days have been really hectic here.
Yesterday was Abhi's friend Gautam's wedding & day before was his Tilak ceremony. So it's been work & then rush home, get ready & pretty & rush to the function. It's been tiring but fun too. The bad part being that I haven't been able to communicate with hubby dearest for the past 3 days coz he is spending most of the time helping with the wedding, getting drunk with friends & spending nights with friends. Yesterday all the guys were poisoning my mind about how the Supreme Court ruling on decriminalisation of same sex relationships is prompting them to spend more time together. Oh well.......don't care......with my nausea , the poor guy is not getting any at home........lol.

It's nice to have everybody enquire after your health, offer their chair & be sweet enough to offer to bring food to you at functions. Little joys amongst all the sea of unpleasantness of the 1st trimester.

& Hey I think I've got the "pregnancy glow", coz I have been getting compliments galore.
The worst amongst the complements was from my boss today. He said" Hey, you are looking very pretty today."Now, it would have been great if he had stopped at that but he didn't. His next line was "Have u used more make-up". How, inconsiderate. No wonder, he spends so much of his time at work. I am sure his wife must be pissed off all the time.

The weekend is here & I am planning to take Ansh for "Ice Age 3". He has been demanding it & I've promised to deliver. Hope Abhi is free enough today to accompany us. I've been missing him.

On the Tilak day I had made Abhi promise me that he'll be home by six to get Ansh up & ready for school coz I had been feeling unwell & I knew that getting up so early would mean more sickness. The poor guy could not make it & I did all the work. But when he walked in at 7, all my anger melted away with one look at his face. He managed to have the most genuine expression of remorse on his face........just like Ansh has at times & I don't care if he is fooling me with that expression (which I am sure he does), I just love him for the fact that he tried.

Seems like my love hormones are on an overdrive :)

Have a good weekend everyone.

10 comments:

D said...

Thank God it's the love hormones! Enjoy the feeling :)

Monika said...

@D- Oh yes, or else he would have had some tough times.

Swaram said...

How sweet Monika .. the overdrive et.al..

LOL @ using more make-up ;)

And am sure the pretty lady is glowing all the more :) How bt a pic?

Monika said...

@Swaram- Reminds me I haven't used my camera in ages. Will take it out this weekend for sure :)

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hehehe! Hope those love hormones deliver over the week-end! :)

Lavs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
4handfulls said...

Let us know how you like Ice Age 3, my kids want to go see it soon!

Iya said...

sweet post, and leave us with some pics of the glowing u..

Meira said...

wink wink...enjoy maadi :)

Monika said...

@Mama-Mia--Unfortunately, we didn't have enuf time for love

@Cherie- Oh it was amazing. Do not miss it.

@Iya- That part I always forget. I need to get some bely shots too

@Meirs- Thanks