Wednesday, February 18, 2009

25th Anniversary party

I was off to Delhi last week on a short trip to attend Hubby's Aunt's 25th Anniversary. These days the 25th Anniversary celebrations are no less than marriage functions. It was a grand affair in the Hotel Grand. We were already prepared with a dance performance which was a hit.
I enjoyed many aspects of the occasion. Meeting different relatives, putting Mehendi, Dancing.
I detested one aspect of the occasion- having to be in close vicinity of a person who brings out the worst in me. But I really did have the patience to deal with difficult & emotionally draining situations. At times I felt I was losing it, but I did hold on & I guess I did do pretty well. So pat on the back for that!!
We did not take Ansh along which was good because of the late nights & several ceremonies.I missed him whenever I saw kids around his age & consoled my aching heart by hugging & loving them. I tried to not call up Ansh so as to not make things difficult for him as well as myself. Ansh was a very good boy at home.
Leaving you with a slightly blurred picture of us at the party.:)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Swaram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Swaram said...

U r looking really gud. Dance pics pls!

D said...

I love these fun family gatherings. And you're looking lovely in that pic. Your sari is beautiful!

Mama - Mia said...

heylo gorgeous!! :)

the day i can carry off a saree like that, i shall be a happy woman!! :)

and what fun you must have had!

cheers!

abha

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

So that's why the long silence from you!

You're so right about thesegrand 25th anniversaries. Sounds like you had a blast and you are looking gorgeous as usual!

So how about videos of the dance? ;p

Lijy said...

you look stunning in saree.

Should get the photo framed..

Hope you had a nice time.
waiting for the dance pics:)

Monika said...

u two looking so good together

Monika said...

Thanks Girls. I have to fgiure out how to put a video on the blog. I would love to share the dance video. Hubby did so well. :)