Friday, April 16, 2010

Life is good!!!

Life is good...........really.
I have a perfect baby.......in fact all mothers do. She is a delight.She sleeps really well at night(touch wood), hardly ever cries, & is always her cute smiling self. She does not cry when she wets herself........so we need to continuously keep checking on her. (We use only cloth diapers at home). When she is hungry , she mews like a little kitten. Yes, no wails at all. The wailing is only for the doc's chamber when she gets her vaccinations. The only concern right now is her weight gain. She was born 2.95 kgs & went down to 2.6 kgs in the first week. In the first month she gained well & was 4 kgs by the end of it. The second month was not so good & she gained only 500gms & was at 4.5 kgs. This month has been even worse. So she is at 4.85kgs & has got me all tensed up. My MIL has been taking care of he while I am at work . We still haven't got a maid. MIL has been trying to get her to feed more often now. Evey 1.5 hours instead of 2 hours. So we'll see how that goes. She is exclusively on breastmilk & I pump for her while at work. I am open to supplementing with formula but at present what I pump is enough for her. I am looking forward to introducing her to solids from her 3rd month birthday. It's a little early, but might help with the weight gain.
Ansh has been a little difficult lately. But we are OK & managing. Abhi is a big help with him.
The whole of last month, we have had a great time with my side of the family. First, was the Bhutan tip, then Swati came visiting with Vihaan & we've met Mahima & Neev a couple of times here too. So it's been super!!
I am very distracted at work . So that's teh only downside. I guess I will HAVE to get back on track !!
That's it . Gotta get back to blogger regularly too. Just been lazy .
TC

5 comments:

Monika said...

she is darling child isnt it :D hugs to her and big touchwood...

dont worry she will gain weight... some kids are slow on it... the first week weight gain every kid goes thru it... rather than solids start her on formula when she is 3 months, solids actually might do more harm than good so early.... a good formula on the other hand might be helpful if u are concerned abt the weight gain...

hugs to u as well and yeah be back to blogging soon u have been missed :(

PG said...

darling was my thought too, and a cutie pie ! Touch wood and God Bless you both!
As my dad always says 'give things their time'
Wish you all the best and take good care !

BTW, thanks a lot of having thought of me for the award!
You are a darling too! :-)

PG said...

And I agree with Monika M totally!

Swaram said...

Aww it feels so nice to c a regular update from u :)
Hugs .. loads of them to get thru all that is difficult :)

Swati said...

aww..such a cutie