Monday, March 17, 2008

Papa's Chachiji passed away

So lots happened in the past week. Babloo Chacha's mom who we used to called Chachiji passed away on Thursday,13th March. We got the news in the morning, just before I left for office. I stayed in office till lunch & then returned home & by 2 , I was there at their salt alke house for the last rites. It was the first time that I saw death face to face. Saw all the rituals that are practiced. Since chachiji was old & led a full life, a baikunthi procession was taken out. We as bahus, had to do several rituals like putting sindur on her & then taking pheras of her & putting nariyals on her feet. Somehow, I managed to remain calm & composed throughout. Now till teh 13th day, we cannot visit temples, or functions or wash our hair etc. On sunday too we went to their house for the "baithak". Now we have to go there next Sunday for the "teravi".

No comments: