Friday, June 27, 2008

Elliot Park

There are hardly days when I have the luxury of leaving office on time(before 6 pm). That happens only when Boss is not around. Yesterday was one such day & so I planned for Ansh to come to pick me up from office. I took him to this park called "Elliot park" just opposite my office & he had such a good time with the swans there. They have had these swans since a long time & they are so pretty. Ansh was trying to feed them sugar cubes, but they were more interested in the grass.
The park is in full bloom these days. I wish we could visit more often. It is so important for kids to have these open spaces to run around & play.



Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Ab said...

wait, i didnt get it.. u arranged for yr 4 yr old to pick you up? anyways, ansh looks cute, in th policeman uniform :)

and you were the person on Ds blog, eh? i thot it was another monika who's on my list too!!!! so i guess this is th 1st time im here....

Monika said...

Ab-welcome.
yeah......the driver(with the car if course) comes to pick me......so when Ansh accompanies , of course it's Ansh who comes to pick me up from office.
Yes, I was on D's blog.
I know there is another moniks around , just like there is another ab.:)

PG said...

I guess, he had good fun at thr park. And you are so right about spending more time in parks. It is relaxing for us too, isn't it?
Hope your boss is missing a bit more often! :)

Neera said...

looks like a lovely park and yeah kids do have so much fun with all the open green space to run around and let loose. Ansh looks adorable having fun there with the swans.

Mystic Margarita said...

Hi, I landed here from Neera's. Looks likr Ansh is having loads of fun with the swans! On a side note, is this Elliot park on/close to Elliott Road? I was born and raised in Kolkata, hence the curiosity :)

Monika said...

@pg- lol about Boss. I get so much accomplished when he is away.
@neera-we have vey littel outdoor sctivities. so i really cherish whatever little we manage to have
@mystic margarita-welcome. :) No the park is not near Elloit Road. Do u visit Calcutta?

D said...

This park reminds me of the one right about my place that I used to frequent when I was a kid. There were no swans there, instead there were 2 tombs: of a nawab and his wife. As children we'd spin stories about how ghosts lived inside those tombs to scare ourselves silly!

4handfulls said...

It looks like Ansh had a lovely time with the swans!

Monika said...

@d- lol abt the ghosts.
@4 handfulls-Yes, I just wish i cud take him more often.