Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve Disaster!

Oh what a disaster it was , but only for me. In the evening, after returning from office I confirmed from Abhi abt the fooding arrangements & I was told that Sonu is bringing in ready-made food at 10:00 pm. Chips & cold drinks were already ordered & I did not have to do anything except make my flat & myself presentable. So that's what I did. First to arrive were Sonu's friends Abhishek & Gullu. So myself & Abhi went down to meet them & to our surprise, the hosts-Sonu & Shweta were missing. Apparently they had gone to attend another birthday party. Now the guests started arriving, both Sonu's & Abhi's friends & I got busy preparing Tea & serving cookies & namkeens. Around 10:pm the "the hosts" arrive & I think that I can relax now & they must have got the food & will take over. But no, they came & joined in the party like guests & when I looked into a few packets that they had brought, they were just snacks- paneer tikka & baby corns. How was I to manage feeding some 15 odd people dinner!!! & it was too late to order from outside. Dinner WAS cooked for myself & Abhi of course , so I went about taking out cooked food from every nook & corner of the kitchen, arranged for cutlery & plates & got about serving dinner, trying to go miser on the serving of the veggies.!!It was so draining & embarrassing for me. Of course, in the end there was no food left for myself & Abhi & I cried at night & Abhi consoled me!........what a disaster !!

No comments: