Friday, July 23, 2010

The old days

The other day, Khuhsi went to sleep unusually early.

Before Khushi was born, the three of us, used to sleep in our bed . Ansh used to always be in the middle hugging either one of us as he slept.Now we have had to do several temporary arrangements in our bedroom after the arrival of Khushi. So we have a temporary bedding on the floor where Abhi sleep. Ansh & myself sleep on our bed & Khushi sleeps in her cot. In the very early morning, Khushi is shifted to our bed for his first feed of the day & then she stays on in the bed. Ansh is put to bed early coz of his school in the morning. Khushi takes her own sweet time in sleeping.

Now, as I said, the other day Khushi slept early & so both myself & Abhi were in the bed with Ansh, putting him to sleep. Suddenly my son said, "How nice it is, just like old days". I took a few moments to absorb his words & then I could feel tears sting my eyes.

My son , not for once, showed us that he misses those days.....days when we were just a family of three. He insists that he loves Khushi more than us coz he asked God for a baby sister. He says he'll never scold her even if she breaks his toys when she grows up....but somewhere, deep down, he misses the old times. You are one brave boy my love. So grown up & matured. You know what to say to not hurt others.

I love u so much.

12 comments:

Swaram said...

Aww so sweet of u Ansh. U r one lovely bro :)

So nice to see u post again Monu :)

Sandhya said...

Nice to see your post after long Monika. Ansh, I am sure, will turn out to be gem of a brother.

Monika said...

@Swaram & Sandhya- Thanks , he sure is one vey sweet bro

starry eyed said...

Awww...I know how that pokes a hole in your heart...my daughter said once when she and I were alone in the car having left the 'boys' alone at home..."Amma, isn't this nice, just you and one child, instead of two?"

Give him a hug for me!

R's Mom said...

Awwww! What a sweetheart he is...good to see you post after a long time ya :)

PG said...

Beautiful! God bless!

My3 said...

Awww... You're such a wonderful brother, Ansh... :) :) :)

Monika said...

@Starry-Aww.i know how that wud have felt
@R's Mom- :)

Total Gadha said...

I think for someone whose blog description says "I am not a writer..." you write pretty well. Told this to Rati also. :-)

Write more often is what I would say. :-)

Monika said...

@Total Gadha-:) lol on your identity......can i know the rel you ?

Sue said...

That is touching.

Monika said...

@Sue- yup :)